Why We're All "Religious"

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 19, 2011
      The essence of any religion lies solely in the
      answer to the question: why do I exist, and what
      is my relationship to the infinite universe that
      surrounds me? ... It is impossible for there to
      be a person with no religion (i.e. without any
      kind of relationship to the world) as it is for
      there to be a person without a heart. He may not
      know that he has a religion, just as a person may
      not know that he has a heart, but it is no more
      possible for a person to exist without a religion
      than without a heart.
      (Leo Tolstoy, 1879)