Mind and Awareness

    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 16, 2011
      By Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche

      If you conquer the primordial nature by
      distinguishing mind from awareness,
      the view of the absolute will gradually become clear.
      Even if inwardly awareness is not yet clear right now,
      simply keep the mind from wandering outside.
      This will do, for awareness lies in the very depth of the mind.
      They are, it is said, like water and ice:
      Water and ice are not entirely the same,
      for the latter is solid and can be held.
      But molten ice is none other than water,
      so, in truth, water and ice are not two things, but one.
      Likewise mind is not awareness, being deluded,
      but mind's nature, when realized, is none other than awareness.
      Although mind and awareness are different in sense,
      they cannot be distinguished by analytic reasoning.
      One day, as your confidence in awareness grows,
      mind will appear as witless as a child
      and awareness as wise as a venerable old sage.
      Awareness will not run after mind, but eclipse it;
      In a relaxed, serene state, rest at ease.
      permission from the copyright owner.
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 10, 2013
        "If you conquer the primordial nature by distinguishing mind
        from awareness, the view of the absolute will naturally
        become clear…One day, as your confidence in awareness grows,
        mind will appear as witless as a child, and awareness as wise
        as a venerable old sage. Awareness will not run after mind,
        but eclipse it. In a relaxed, serene state, rest with ease."

        Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 10, 2013
          medit8ionsociety <no_reply@...> wrote:

          > "If you conquer the primordial nature by distinguishing mind
          > from awareness, the view of the absolute will naturally
          > become clear…One day, as your confidence in awareness grows,
          > mind will appear as witless as a child, and awareness as wise
          > as a venerable old sage. Awareness will not run after mind,
          > but eclipse it. In a relaxed, serene state, rest with ease."
          >
          > Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche

          "Wisdom lies in Awareness; Mind lies!"

          Kir Li Molari
        • J K
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 11, 2013
            Reality lays within the methods of awareness.
            What is, is obvious. (Yang)
            What is not, is what is not obvious. (Yin)
            Example:
            It is through the Yin power of distance that our mother earth creates life through the distance from the all powerful trillions upon trillions per millisecond of nuclear reactions that is our Sun
            This is the way of the great TAO.
            As such, the way to never be killed is the same way as to:
            never loose a fight,
            never loose a war.
            It is:
            Don't be there.
            This is the way of the Buddha.
            Which is the way of Karma (For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction.).
            There is Peace through understanding.
            jK