What to do

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 11, 2011
      by Swami Chidananda

      "The need is to stop being what you are not,
      not to be foolish, not to be self-forgetful,
      but to be always aware of your essential nature.
      Then gradually you can become established.
      It takes a little time because we have given
      in to the bad and pernicious habit of moving
      away from the Self and getting into an unnatural
      state by the uncontrolled movement of our mind.
      If we exercise rational control over the mind,
      channeling it and its moods and sentiments
      in the right direction again and again, and yet again,
      and keep on doing this, then one day the entire
      antahkarana (inner being) will become positive,
      become sattvic (pure), become completely filled with
      daivi sampad (divine virtues). You will be
      prasannachetas (tranquil-minded)."