Words of Wisdom by Swami Satchidananda

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 11, 2011
      A Stone Falling into Still Waters

      "In this modern age we have invented many
      things. We travel fast. We have computerized
      almost everything. We probe into the minutest
      particle of matter and are able to use the
      force hidden within. Yet, with all these so-called
      advancements, we don't seem to have found peace
      and harmony. Every time a desire comes into the
      mind, the peace is disturbed. It's something like
      when a stone falls into the still waters of a
      lake and creates waves. When a desire enters into
      the peaceful mind, it disturbs the mind by creating
      a depression. After putting some effort into getting
      what you want, you have fulfilled the depression
      created by the desire. Then, the mind regains its
      peace. But this peace is the true nature of every
      individual¬ódon't disturb it.

      "God bless you. Om Shanthi, Shanthi, Shanthi."