Words of Wisdom by Swami Sivananda

    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 2, 2011
      PERFECT RENUNCIATION

      Vedanta does not want you to renounce the world.
      It wants you to change your mental attitude and
      give up this false, illusory `I-ness' and `mine-ness'.
      The snake charmer removes only the two poisonous
      fangs of the cobra. The snake remains the same. It hisses,
      raises its hood and shows its fangs. In fact, it
      does everything as before. The snake charmer has
      changed his mental attitude towards the snake. He has
      a feeling now that it has no poisonous fangs. Even so,
      you must remove the two poisonous fangs of the mind,
      namely, `I-ness' and `mine-ness' only. Then you can
      allow the mind to go wherever it likes. Then you
      will always have the feeling of the presence of God.
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 5, 2012
        SIT IN SILENCE

        I am neither male nor female;
        I am neither dvaita (dualism) nor advaita (non­-dualism);
        I am neither saguna (with qualities) nor nirguna (without qualities);
        I am neither seer nor hearer;
        I am neither body nor mind;
        I am neither far nor near;
        I am neither black nor red;
        I am neither thin nor stout;
        I live neither by food nor by air;
        I neither move nor stop;
        I shall neither go to hell nor to heaven;
        I neither laugh nor weep;
        I work and yet I do not work;
        I hear without ears and see without eyes;
        I smell without nose and taste without tongue;
        Few understand Me.
        He who understands Me, sits in silence.
        Sivananda says: "Mysterious is that silence.
        Drown yourself in that silence
        And be happy."
      • Sandeep

          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 5, 2012
            Sandeep <sandeep1960@...> wrote:

            > I am.......while........neither am I.

            Excellent! And of course, there's always
            "I am what I am and that's all what I am" by Sri Popeyeji

            > On 05-06-2012 20:23, medit8ionsociety wrote:
            > >
            > > SIT IN SILENCE
            > >
            > > I am neither male nor female;
            > > I am neither dvaita (dualism) nor advaita (non­-dualism);
            > > I am neither saguna (with qualities) nor nirguna (without qualities);
            > > I am neither seer nor hearer;
            > > I am neither body nor mind;
            > > I am neither far nor near;
            > > I am neither black nor red;
            > > I am neither thin nor stout;
            > > I live neither by food nor by air;
            > > I neither move nor stop;
            > > I shall neither go to hell nor to heaven;
            > > I neither laugh nor weep;
            > > I work and yet I do not work;
            > > I hear without ears and see without eyes;
            > > I smell without nose and taste without tongue;
            > > Few understand Me.
            > > He who understands Me, sits in silence.
            > > Sivananda says: "Mysterious is that silence.
            > > Drown yourself in that silence
            > > And be happy."

          • Aideen Mckenna
            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 5, 2012

              The moon’s full, isn’t it?

              Message 6 of 9 , May 24, 2013
                Why Meditate

                Without the help of meditation,
                you cannot attain Knowledge of the Self.
                Without it's aid, you cannot grow
                into the divine state.
                Without it, you cannot liberate yourself
                from the trammels of the mind
                and attain immortality.
                Meditation is the only royal road
                to the attainment of freedom.
                It is a mysterious ladder which reaches
                from earth to heaven, from error to truth,
                from darkness to light, from pain to bliss,
                from restlessness to abiding peace,
                from ignorance to knowledge.
                From mortality to immortality.

                Swami Sivananda