Words of Wisdom by Swami Satchidananda

    Message 1 of 201 , Nov 26, 2011
      What is Suffering?

      "What is suffering? It's just a matter of understanding.
      It's not easy to give birth to a child. Behind that
      suffering the mother knows she is going to have a lovely
      baby, so she faces the suffering, she wants it, she
      accepts it. Once you accept it, it's no longer suffering.
      There's joy behind it. In the same way, if pain is
      understood properly in our lives, we will never be
      frightened of pain. On the other hand, we might even
      welcome the pain. `Oh pain, come on. Refine me.' You
      were fine, but you lost that fine nature by accumulating
      dross. So, removing the dross is called re-finement.
      A refined person means someone who allowed his or her
      dross to be removed by suffering. In this light we can
      accept and understand pain.

      "God bless you. Om Shanthi, Shanthi, Shanthi."

      LIVING YOGA: The life and teachings of Swami Satchidananda
      Message 201 of 201 , Jul 24
        "When even one virtue becomes our nature, the mind becomes clean and tranquil. Then there is no need to practice meditation; we will automatically be meditating always."
        Sri Gurudev Swami Satchidananda