Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche: Practice in Everyday Life

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 11, 2011
      In meditation we can see through the illusion
      of past, present and future - our experience
      becomes the continuity of nowness. The past
      is only an unreliable memory held in the present.
      The future is only a projection of our present
      conceptions. The present itself vanishes
      as soon as we try to grasp it. So why bother
      with attempting to establish an illusion of solid ground?

      We should free ourselves from our past memories
      and preconceptions of meditation. Each moment of
      meditation is completely unique and full
      of potentiality. In such moments, we will be
      incapable of judging our meditation in terms of
      past experience, dry theory or hollow rhetoric.

      Simply plunging directly into meditation in the
      moment now, with our whole being, free from hesitation,
      boredom or excitement, -is- enlightenment.
      permission from the copyright owner.