Re: Some Terence Gray also know as Wei-Wu-Wei(with some tweaking)

  • dan330033
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 8, 2011
      What you are being saved from is yourself.

      And you are being saved by yourself.

      Being saved from yourself by yourself is potentially confusing.

      This is why it's important to divide yourself into "higher" and "lower" versions, or material and spiritual versions if you like - so you can know who is saving whom.

      You also need to keep past, present, and future separated - so you know what is going on when you die.

      - D -

      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "schatzman" <pearboy@...> wrote:

      > um...huh?
      >
      > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "tarah513" <faithearden@> wrote:
      > >

      > > Jesus Saves...Jesus will save you. If there is no dying, then who will
      > > Jesus save? Ye MUST be born again in order to be saved by Jesus. So
      > > there is lots of living & dying going on, one just has to apperceive
      > > that it is so. The big difference in living & dying, thus, is that Jesus
      > > saves you when you die.
      > >
      > > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, sandeep chatterjee
      > > <sandeep1960@> wrote:
      > > >

      > > > What difference could there be between 'living' and
      > > > 'dying'?
      > > >
      > > > 'Living' is only the elaboration in sequential duration of what
      > > > otherwise is known as 'death'.
      > > >

      > > > When What-we-are apparently functions.....
      > > >
      > > > ..... extending itself in three apparent spatial
      > > > dimensions ......
      > > >
      > > > .....and invests in it's own creativity, through an interpreting of
      > > the extending.... as duration...
      > > >
      > > > ... thus the as-if appearance of
      > > > 'space-time'........ that is what held to be as 'living'.
      > > >
      > > > When that process
      > > > ceases...... we are no longer extended in sequential duration...
      > > >
      > > > .... we are no
      > > > longer elaborated in 'space'...
      > > >
      > > > ... 'space-time' is no more ..
      > > >
      > > > ...and the apparent
      > > > universe dis-appears.
      > > >

      > > > Then we say we are 'dead'.
      > > >

      > > > But as what we are we have never 'lived', and cannot 'die'.
      > > >
      > > > Where could 'we' live?
      > > >
      > > > When could 'we' die?
      > > >

      > > > How could there be such
      > > > things as 'we'?
      > > >

      > > > 'Living' is a spatial illusion........... 'dying' is a temporal
      > > > illusion,
      > > >

      > > > 'We' is the sense of a spatio-temporal illusion ........based on the
      > > as-if serial
      > > > interpretation of dimensional 'stills' or 'quanta' .......cognised as
      > > movement.
      > > >

      > > > Only the concepts of infinity and intemporality can suggest
      > > > intellectually a notion
      > > > of what we are as the source and origin of
      > > > appearance or manifestation.

    • sean tremblay
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 8, 2011
        Look out Alice there is a rabbit hole up ahead

        What you are being saved from is yourself.

        And you are being saved by yourself.

        Being saved from yourself by yourself is potentially confusing.

        This is why it's important to divide yourself into "higher" and "lower" versions, or material and spiritual versions if you like - so you can know who is saving whom.

        You also need to keep past, present, and future separated - so you know what is going on when you die.

        - D -

        --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "schatzman" <pearboy@...> wrote:

        > um...huh?
        >
        > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "tarah513" <faithearden@> wrote:
        > >

        > > Jesus Saves...Jesus will save you. If there is no dying, then who will
        > > Jesus save? Ye MUST be born again in order to be saved by Jesus. So
        > > there is lots of living & dying going on, one just has to apperceive
        > > that it is so. The big difference in living & dying, thus, is that Jesus
        > > saves you when you die.
        > >
        > > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, sandeep chatterjee
        > > <sandeep1960@> wrote:
        > > >

        > > > What difference could there be between 'living' and
        > > > 'dying'?
        > > >
        > > > 'Living' is only the elaboration in sequential duration of what
        > > > otherwise is known as 'death'.
        > > >

        > > > When What-we-are apparently functions.....
        > > >
        > > > ..... extending itself in three apparent spatial
        > > > dimensions ......
        > > >
        > > > .....and invests in it's own creativity, through an interpreting of
        > > the extending.... as duration...
        > > >
        > > > ... thus the as-if appearance of
        > > > 'space-time'........ that is what held to be as 'living'.
        > > >
        > > > When that process
        > > > ceases...... we are no longer extended in sequential duration...
        > > >
        > > > .... we are no
        > > > longer elaborated in 'space'...
        > > >
        > > > ... 'space-time' is no more ..
        > > >
        > > > ...and the apparent
        > > > universe dis-appears.
        > > >

        > > > Then we say we are 'dead'.
        > > >

        > > > But as what we are we have never 'lived', and cannot 'die'.
        > > >
        > > > Where could 'we' live?
        > > >
        > > > When could 'we' die?
        > > >

        > > > How could there be such
        > > > things as 'we'?
        > > >

        > > > 'Living' is a spatial illusion........... 'dying' is a temporal
        > > > illusion,
        > > >

        > > > 'We' is the sense of a spatio-temporal illusion ........based on the
        > > as-if serial
        > > > interpretation of dimensional 'stills' or 'quanta' .......cognised as
        > > movement.
        > > >

        > > > Only the concepts of infinity and intemporality can suggest
        > > > intellectually a notion
        > > > of what we are as the source and origin of
        > > > appearance or manifestation.

      • Aideen Mckenna
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 8, 2011

          There ought to be a “like” button for this.

          Aideen

          What you are being saved from is yourself.

          And you are being saved by yourself.

          Being saved from yourself by yourself is potentially confusing.

          This is why it's important to divide yourself into "higher" and "lower" versions, or material and spiritual versions if you like - so you can know who is saving whom.

          You also need to keep past, present, and future separated - so you know what is going on when you die.

          - D -

          --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "schatzman" <pearboy@...> wrote:

          > um...huh?
          >
          > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "tarah513" <faithearden@> wrote:
          > >

          > > Jesus Saves...Jesus will save you. If there is no dying, then who will
          > > Jesus save? Ye MUST be born again in order to be saved by Jesus. So
          > > there is lots of living & dying going on, one just has to apperceive
          > > that it is so. The big difference in living & dying, thus, is that Jesus
          > > saves you when you die.
          > >
          > > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, sandeep chatterjee
          > > <sandeep1960@> wrote:
          > > >

          > > > What difference could there be between 'living' and
          > > > 'dying'?
          > > >
          > > > 'Living' is only the elaboration in sequential duration of what
          > > > otherwise is known as 'death'.
          > > >

          > > > When What-we-are apparently functions.....
          > > >
          > > > ..... extending itself in three apparent spatial
          > > > dimensions ......
          > > >
          > > > .....and invests in it's own creativity, through an interpreting of
          > > the extending.... as duration...
          > > >
          > > > ... thus the as-if appearance of
          > > > 'space-time'........ that is what held to be as 'living'.
          > > >
          > > > When that process
          > > > ceases...... we are no longer extended in sequential duration...
          > > >
          > > > .... we are no
          > > > longer elaborated in 'space'...
          > > >
          > > > ... 'space-time' is no more ..
          > > >
          > > > ...and the apparent
          > > > universe dis-appears.
          > > >

          > > > Then we say we are 'dead'.
          > > >

          > > > But as what we are we have never 'lived', and cannot 'die'.
          > > >
          > > > Where could 'we' live?
          > > >
          > > > When could 'we' die?
          > > >

          > > > How could there be such
          > > > things as 'we'?
          > > >

          > > > 'Living' is a spatial illusion........... 'dying' is a temporal
          > > > illusion,
          > > >

          > > > 'We' is the sense of a spatio-temporal illusion ........based on the
          > > as-if serial
          > > > interpretation of dimensional 'stills' or 'quanta' .......cognised as
          > > movement.
          > > >

          > > > Only the concepts of infinity and intemporality can suggest
          > > > intellectually a notion
          > > > of what we are as the source and origin of
          > > > appearance or manifestation.

        • walto
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 9, 2011
            --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Aideen Mckenna" <aideenmck@...> wrote:

            > There ought to be a "like" button for this.
            >
            > Aideen

            Like. Dislike. Life. Death. It's all the same to them, n'est pas?

          • dan330033
            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 10, 2011
              one simply is this present

              with no word for it

              past, present, future equally of and as this present

              birth, death, pain, pleasure equally of this

              which is not an experience

              one speaks of this

              knowing that one is not speaking of this