The Wisdom of Swami Satchidananda

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 6, 2011
      Nobody Can Make You Suffer

      "We never say `no' to things. As they come, you
      desire more and more and more. Ultimately, you
      realize that you're bound up by all these things.
      You can't let go of anything. Everything starts
      bothering you. Then, one day, wisdom dawns and
      you acquire dispassion, detachment. So, suffering
      is self-made. Nobody on earth can make you suffer.
      It's your own attitude, your own ignorance that
      makes you suffer. You think that by acquiring
      things, you can be happy. But, finally, you become
      unhappy by those very things that you've acquired.
      There's nothing wrong with keeping things; but all
      the things in the world are simply for our use,
      not for our possession. Keep them, but don't be
      attached. If we understand this, we can always be happy.

      "God bless you. Om Shanthi, Shanthi, Shanthi."