Re: Dan and Sandeep and Walto and all who post here

  • walto
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 5, 2011

      > I appreciate the present the wisdom is that they share here
      > freely, as well as the perspectives they each are coming
      > from relative to Reality. Really! As far as "arguing",
      > or whatever adjective or adverb you want to use for their
      > discussions, this is an ancient tradition in many cultures,
      > and helps clear the air of one-sided views...sometimes
      > dramatically, sometimes subtly. The balloon that is our
      > mind gets filled with the Yin and the Yang and one gets
      > pulled to the Tao. As the balloon fills and fills with the
      > judgments, comparisons, commentary and chatter, it finally
      > bursts, letting the consciousness emerge united with all
      > consciousness, energy, beauty and love...infinitely and
      > eternally. And you live happily ever after.
      >
      > Thank you to all who contribute to this forum. And thanks
      > to the compu-gods for the delete button which allows us
      > real free will to choice that which we benefit from and enjoy.
      >
      > Peace and blessings,
      > Bob

      "All things are moral. That soul which within us is a sentiment, outside of us is a law. We feel its inspiration; but there in history we can see its fatal strengthÂ….

      "Every act rewards itself, or in other words integrates itself, in a twofold manner; first in the thing, or in real nature; and secondly in the circumstance, or in apparent nature. Men call the circumstance the retribution. The causal retribution is in the thing and is seen by the soul. The retribution in the circumstance is seen by the understanding; it is inseparable from the thing, but is often spread over a long time and so does not become distinct until after many years. The specific stripes may follow late after the offence, but they follow because they accompany it. Crime and punishment grow out of one stem. Punishment is a fruit that unsuspected ripens within the flower of the pleasure which concealed it. Cause and effect, means and ends, seed and fruit, cannot be severed; for the effect already blooms in the cause, the end pre-exists in the means, the fruit in the seed....

      "Treat men as pawns and ninepins and you shall suffer as well as they. If you leave out their heart, you shall lose your own. The senses would make things of all persons; of women, of children, of the poorÂ….

      "All infractions of love and equity in our social relations are speedily punished. They are punished by fear. Whilst I stand in simple relations to my fellow-man, I have no displeasure in meeting him. We meet as water meets water, or as two currents of air mix, with perfect diffusion and interpenetration of nature. But as soon as there is any departure from simplicity and attempt at halfness, or good for me that is not good for him, my neighbor feels the wrong; he shrinks from me as far as I have shrunk from him; his eyes no longer seek mine: there is war between us; there is hate in him and fear in me....

      "The dice of God are always loaded. The world looks like a multiplication-table, or a mathematical equation, which, turn it how you will balances itself. Take what figure you will, its exact value, nor more nor less, still returns to you. Every secret is told, every crime is punished, every virtue rewarded, every wrong redressed, in silence and certainty. What we call retribution is the universal necessity by which the whole appears wherever a part appears."

      --Ralph Waldo Emerson, "Compensation"