RE: [Meditation Society of America] Re: A Most Unusual Deathbed Scene

  • Aideen Mckenna
    Message 1 of 48 , Nov 2, 2011

      I wonder if Sean had a childhood like mine – if anyone in my family expressed a point of view that differed from that of other family members, there ensued screaming & yelling & maybe a broken dish or two.  So, all these years later, I tend to feel a lot of anxiety when 2 people disagree.  Especially if I feel some fondness for the people & can more or less see both points of view.  I just want them to stop fighting.  So it was a real shock to see that these 2 people actually regarded their disagreement as friendly.

      It seems to take an awfully long time to overcome early conditioning.

      Aideen

      Message 48 of 48 , Nov 5, 2011