Words of Wisdom by Swami Satchidananda

    Message 1 of 201 , Oct 31, 2011
      A Mind Calm and Serene

      "Detachment keeps your mind calm and serene,
      but the moment you show any attachment, you
      put tension in the mind. A yogi is one who
      has a tranquil mind, a neutral mind that has
      found the zero point, so his or her judgment
      will be absolutely clean and perfect. To find
      neutrality, one should be detached, with neither
      likes nor dislikes; if the mind leans to either
      of the sides, it will lose its power of judgment.
      That neutral point can be achieved only by a
      completely detached mind. That is the goal of
      Yoga: neutrality, tranquility, equanimity.
      Samatvam yoga uchyate, says the Bhagavad Gita.
      Equanimity is Yoga. To such a mind permanent
      happiness is its property.

      "God bless you. Om Shanthi, Shanthi, Shanthi."
      Message 201 of 201 , Jul 24
        "When even one virtue becomes our nature, the mind becomes clean and tranquil. Then there is no need to practice meditation; we will automatically be meditating always."
        Sri Gurudev Swami Satchidananda