Words of Wisdom by Swami Satchidananda

    Message 1 of 201 , Oct 22, 2011
      Keep the Mind Free from Expectations

      "Yoga is perfection in action. If the result of
      that action brings benefit to all people concerned
      with it—to the person who does that action and to
      the person who enjoys the benefit of it, without
      bringing harm to anybody—then it's a perfect action.
      If it's going to bring harm even to one individual
      or if it's going to build up tension in your own mind,
      it's not a perfect action. When you do something and
      expect a reward as a result of that action, then, even
      before you start doing it, you build up tension. Instead,
      if the mind is kept free from any expectation whatsoever
      and if your action is done just for the sake of others,
      then that action is a perfect one.

      "God bless you. Om Shanthi, Shanthi, Shanthi."

      Inspiration Line

      Hear an inspiration message from Sri Swami Satchidananda by calling 434-WOW-GURU. New and improved software brings an even better sound quality and more reliable system. New message the first of each month. Call and be inspired any time and from anywhere you are.
      Message 201 of 201 , Jul 24
        "When even one virtue becomes our nature, the mind becomes clean and tranquil. Then there is no need to practice meditation; we will automatically be meditating always."
        Sri Gurudev Swami Satchidananda