Re: [Meditation Society of America] Re: A Most Unusual Deathbed Scene

  • sean tremblay
    Message 1 of 48 , Oct 19, 2011
      Get a room you two

      From: walto <calhorn@...>
      To: meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Wednesday, October 19, 2011 3:31 PM
      Subject: [Meditation Society of America] Re: A Most Unusual Deathbed Scene

      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "dan330033" <dan330033@...>
      wrote:

      > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "walto" <calhorn@> wrote:
      > >

      > > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "dan330033" <dan330033@>
      wrote:

      > > > The truth one is, can't be wrong.
      > > >
      > > > Hence, it is never right.
      > > >
      > > > Simply being.
      > > >
      > > > Not a matter of presentation to others.
      > > >
      > > > Being is - without an other to teach it, or to teach it to.
      > > >
      > > > Words being exchanged in a social context, either fit that context well,
      or don't.

      > > > Did UG fit well the social contexts in which he spoke?
      > > >
      > > > Did JK, did Ramana, did Jesus --
      > > >
      > > > It's all a matter of perspective, of reactions, pro and con.
      > > >

      > > If there is but one, there are no reactions pro and con.
      >
      > D: The reactions pro and con
      > are with words, to other words said in contexts.
      >
      > There is no pro and con to being.
      >
      > Not even an "if" is involved, and thus, no "then" ...
      >
      > Just presence.
      >
      > Not the word or idea of presence.
      >
      > Being ... itself.
      >

      > > > Yet, this being is not formed by or into a perspective.
      > > >
      > > > Thus, one can say it is all perspectives, past, present, future, and all
      contexts in which perspectives arise, simultaneously.

      > > If there is but one there are neither contexts nor perspectives.
      >
      > D: Or ... "as this is one" ...
      >
      > As this is one, here is not a perspective or
      > proposition to be explained.
      >
      > Perspectives are imagined, along with the sense of "I" ...
      >
      > (including the perspective "as this is one ..."
      >
      > > > Or, one can say this involves no perspective to have or to impart -
      including any imagined "perspective of no perspective" ...

      > > Yes, one actually should because that's what follows, and as it's patently
      false, others (and there are others or we would not be discussing, because there
      could be no discussion) should reject it as nonsense.

      > As this is one, no separated self or other has ever emerged.
      >
      > Just this unborn being, as is.
      >
      > True and false are categories of thought, for beings imagined as perspectives.
      >
      > It takes a perspective to formulate what is true in contrast to what is false.
      >
      > - D -

      Dan,

      You have it that there is one (and only one) thing when it suits whatever line
      you are pushing at one moment and as many as you like when that suits better.

      You (but not I, because we are different entities) pontificate (i.e., state with
      absolute assurance but provide no reasons whatever) that there are perspectives
      but that there are also no perspectives, that there are numerous selves but also
      that there is no self at all. In your world, I am he and you are me and you are
      the walrus. That's a convenient world, it's not my world, but I like the music there.

      Different as our views are on these matters, however, one thing that is
      apparently the case in both of our worlds (i.e, both yours and mine) is that if
      one is willing to contradict oneself, one can conclude anything whatever.
      That's true in my world because it's a theorem of logic, and it's true in your
      world for whatever "reason" you happen to find satisfying at some moment or rhetorically
      useful at another moment (there being different moments as well as different people). These are clearly not the same type of warrant, which
      in my world (but not yours) provides additional evidence of the clearest
      possible kind that I am not you, and that, far from there being no selves, there
      must be at least two. And if you throw in your buddy Sandeep, that would make
      (as I count 'em) three.

      Now, if you'll excuse me, I'd like to go meditate.

      Best,

    • sandeep chatterjee
      Message 48 of 48 , Nov 5, 2011