Re: A Most Unusual Deathbed Scene

  • dan330033
    Message 1 of 48 , Oct 18, 2011
      The truth one is, can't be wrong.

      Hence, it is never right.

      Simply being.

      Not a matter of presentation to others.

      Being is - without an other to teach it, or to teach it to.

      Words being exchanged in a social context, either fit that context well, or don't.

      Did UG fit well the social contexts in which he spoke?

      Did JK, did Ramana, did Jesus --

      It's all a matter of perspective, of reactions, pro and con.

      Yet, this being is not formed by or into a perspective.

      Thus, one can say it is all perspectives, past, present, future, and all contexts in which perspectives arise, simultaneously.

      Or, one can say this involves no perspective to have or to impart - including any imagined "perspective of no perspective" ...

      - D -

      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "walto" <calhorn@...> wrote:

      > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Sandeep" <sandeep1960@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Thanks Bob.
      > > UG is always good for some laughs.
      > >
      > > And he did not disappoint till the end.
      > > "Those bastards could never touch me."
      > >
      > > Ergo, there are "those bastards" out there............and there is a
      > > "me" ....in here....
      > >
      > > ... and the twain never met.
      > >
      > > And this, after 2 decades of screaming and shouting..... there is no
      > > self, there is no division, no separation.......et al.
      > >

      > But he was wrong and came to see it!
      >
      > > The essence of UG's rant after the so called "Calamity"
      > > occurred........is that "those filthy bastards" which includes the whole
      > > shebang of Buddha, Jiddu, Rajneesh, Ramana, Jesus....
      > >
      > > .... aka, all the teachers from time immemorial....
      > >
      > > ....were filthy bastards because they were selling hope, through their
      > > snake-oil preaching, teaching etc.
      > >

      > Exactly. Those who preached that there is no self were wrong.
      >

      > > And thus no less filthier ...... than the filth that they were
      > > espousing.
      > >
      > > If there is no self...........for whom exists......... those filthy
      > > bastards?
      > >
      > > If there is no self...... for whom exists the deluded idiots posturing
      > > as seekers, who go to such used-car salesmen.......to seek hope?
      >

      > But...if there is self, one can avoid the filth simply by admitting it.
      >

      > > There is no way to have it both ways.
      > >

      > Though some of you try and try and try. See below:
      >
      > PS: the beer is indeed flat.

      > > The apperception of no-self( to use a phrase)....
      > >
      > > ......is the apperception.......... that in the as-if display of selling
      > > hope....(in whatever form and through whatever labeled form)....
      > >
      > > ...no hope has ever got sold, no hope ever got generated and no hope
      > > ever gets fulfilled.
      > >
      > > So is it all hopeless?
      > >
      > > The sense of a conclusion of hopelessness is the very same sense of the
      > > same "concluder-self"...
      > >
      > > .. which has now moved from hope to hopelessness.
      > >
      > > So same game.....just a direction change through Google's GPRS.
      > >

      > > Seeing the as-ifness of all gaming of games............where can be
      > > there be an issue......
      > >
      > > ......with any game?
      > >
      > > Or with any gamester, with any societal label?
      > >
      > > And if there is an issue(aka, personified as the object which was known
      > > as UG)...
      > >
      > > ....then that too......... is not apart or different or "outside" of the
      > > same .....as-if...... gaming/gamester-filthy hoopla.
      > >
      > > When an "it" cannot be "itted".........nor can it be not "itted"....
      > >
      > > ....either it's all divine,
      > >
      > > or it's all filth.
      > >
      > > Or its all divinely filth.
      > >
      > > Or filthy divine.

> [...]