Words of Wisdom by Swami Satchidananda

    Message 1 of 199 , Oct 15, 2011
      Don't Waste This Life

      "In the Hindu and Buddhist philosophies, we find
      the belief in reincarnation—that we we've been
      passing though hundreds and thousands of births.
      If you're given a human birth, you have the freedom
      to think, to find out the ways and means to get out
      of this vicious cycle of rebirths. However, if you
      miss this opportunity, you may come back and get
      caught in the whirlpool again. So, don't waste this
      life. The goal of human birth is not just to satisfy
      the senses. By acquiring more things or by doing
      anything at all, can you make yourself more beautiful
      than a peacock or a butterfly? An animal eats, sleeps,
      builds big nests, begets children. The only thing
      that differentiates human beings from other animals
      is the urge to get out of this vicious cycle, to know
      your true nature.

      "God bless you. Om Shanthi, Shanthi, Shanthi."

      Follow Swami Satchidananda on Twitter at
      twitter.com/SwSatchidananda for daily inspiration.
    • T Koenke Diaz
      Message 199 of 199 , May 23
        This is just so right on.  Thank you once again  :)