Words of Wisdom by Swami Satchidananda

    Message 1 of 199 , Oct 8, 2011
      Dig Deep

      "I see people running after different practices
      and teachings constantly: One day they practice
      this, one day they practice that, and they read
      all the books. It can get complicated. Sri Ramakrishna
      said that wherever you dig, you get water; there's
      not even a single place where you can't get water,
      only the depth might vary. But you have to dig in
      one place. If you keep on changing the place, even
      after you've dug 15 wells, you'll still have no water.
      If you had stuck to one place and had dug deeply
      there, you would have gotten water. There's water
      everywhere, no doubt. Similarly, every teacher who
      realized the truth—as well as every scripture—tells
      you how he or she found it out. What you follow is
      immaterial, but follow one thing at a time.

      "God bless you. Om Shanthi, Shanthi, Shanthi."

      Follow Swami Satchidananda on Twitter at
      twitter.com/SwSatchidananda for daily inspiration.
    • T Koenke Diaz
      Message 199 of 199 , May 23
        This is just so right on.  Thank you once again  :)