A Statement Sure to Cause Intellectual Debate

    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 7, 2011
      "Just as being pregnant has nothing to do
      with intellect, and is either there or not,
      being enlightened has nothing to do with
      intellect and is either there or not."

      Kir Lik Molari
    • sean tremblay
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 7, 2011
        can't debate something I have not experienced, I'll just have to take there word for it

        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 8, 2011
          sean tremblay <bethjams9@...> wrote:

          > can't debate something I have not experienced, I'll just have to take there word for it

          Yo Sean,
          I'm with you relative to the pregnancy part (at least in
          this incarnation), but as to the "enlightenment" part, in
          a way I suspect that this is something we've all had a taste
          of, but don't sustain it happily ever after (which may, or
          may not be a qualification of a "true" enlightenment.)

          Anyway, Here's Alan Watts, from his autobiography "In My
          Own Way" writing (probably/possibly) about enlightenment:

          "... the thing called variously moksha, bodhi, kaivalya,
          or satori in the Asian religions, which is the wisdom of
          a transformed consciousness, of liberation from that
          exclusive identification of oneself with personality
          which overlays and conceals the basic sensation in the
          very back of the mind: the sensation of being identical
          with the universe, which is said to be the "oceanic
          feeling" of babies in the womb. Some call this regression,
          in the sense of a spineless collapse of the thrust of life,
          though I have always seen it as a foundation for this
          thrust, without which the business of life must be
          conducted in a spirit of panic or "quiet desperation".
          (Isn't it possible that space itself is an amniotic fluid?)"
          permission from the copyright owner.