Bodhisattva Vow

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 6, 2011
      Lyrics by the Beastie Boys (no kidding!)

      As I Develop The Awakening Mind I Praise The Buddha As They Shine
      I Bow Before You As I Travel My Path To Join Your Ranks,
      I Make My Full Time Task
      For The Sake Of All Beings I Seek
      The Enlighted Mind That I Know I'll Reap
      Respect To Shantideva And All The Others
      Who Brought Down The Darma For Sisters And Brothers
      I Give Thanks For This World As A Place To Learn
      And For This Human Body That I'm Glad To Have Earned
      And My Deepest Thanks To All Sentient Beings
      For Without Them There Would Be No Place To Learn What I'm Seeing
      There's Nothing Here That's Not Been Said Before
      But I Put It Down Now So I'll Be Sure
      To Solidify My Own Views And I'll Be Glad If It Helps
      Anyone Else Out Too
      If Others Disrespect Me Or Give Me Flack
      I'll Stop And Think Before I React =
      Knowing That They're Going Through Insecure Stages
      I'll Take The Opportunity To Exercise Patience
      I'll See It As A Chance To Help The Other Person
      Nip It In The Bud Before It Can Worsen
      A Change For Me To Be Strong And Sure
      As I Think On The Buddhas Who Have Come Before
      As I Praise And Respect The Good They've Done
      Knowing Only Love Can Conquer In Every Situation
      We Need Other People In Order To Create
      The Circumstances For The Learning That We're Here To Generate
      Situations That Bring Up Our Deepest Fears
      So We Can Work To Release Them Until They're Cleared
      Therefore, It Only Makes Sense
      To Thank Our Enemies Despite Their Intent
      The Bodhisattva Path Is One Of Power And Strength
      A Strength From Within To Go The Length
      Seeing Others Are As Important As Myself
      I Strive For A Happiness Of Mental Wealth
      With The Interconnectedness That We Share As One
      Every Action That We Take Affects Everyone
      So In Deciding For What A Situation Calls
      There Is A Path For The Good For All
      I Try To Make My Every Action For That Highest Good
      With The Altruistic Wish To Achive Buddhahood
      So I Pledge Here Before Everyone Who's Listening
      To Try To Make My Every Action For The Good Of All Beings
      For The Rest Of My Lifetimes And Even Beyond
      I Vow To Do My Best To Do No Harm
      And In Times Of Doubt I Can Think On The Dharma
      And The Enlightened Ones Who've Graduated Samsara
      permission from the copyright owner.
    • sean tremblay
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 7, 2011
        Love the Beasties