Re: [Meditation Society of America] "Our Inner Conflicts"

  • sandeep chatterjee
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 21, 2011
      So experience is to be taken as the qualifying bedrock for individuated existence?

      Is experience, any experience .....anything other than an ........as-if ........thought of an unfolding sensing.

      A sensing which is itself as-if..........and to which memory labels and the sensing becomes a recallable experience.

      To be flavored, asserted through a selective recall.... defended ....for the experience  is now the very ingredient of self-identity.

      "This belief is supported by experience"

      Indeed so.

      As is the case of any belief.

      Which is what it is.....a collation of thought(s)....... held to be a constant tenet .......to be applied over time and space.

      Thus a self-identity.

      The sense of a persisting belief.......any belief...... co-constructs the sense of an persisting entity-which-believes.

      One cannot exist with the other.

      A change in one indeed changes the other.......as in a good drama, the hero becomes the villain and the villain becomes the hero, for some time.......till the audience boos.

      "Time" and "space" itself being a though of a belief in something as "duration" and something as a "domain".

      And thought itself ...........being a thought of .........something held to be a product of thinking.