Words of Wisdom by Swami Satchidananda

    Message 1 of 201 , Sep 10, 2011
      Expansion of Consciousness

      "The law of nature is such that everything,
      even a small atom, wants to express itself.
      Everything has consciousness. Below the human
      species, everything is being taken care of by
      Nature, and the unfoldment of consciousness
      happens automatically. Only at the human level
      is freedom given. You are allowed to work by
      yourself to unfold your consciousness, to
      expand your mind by reasoning, to uncover what
      is preventing the mind from expanding. Human
      beings experience a sort of personal, conscious
      gradual effort in expanding the mind. That is
      what Yoga teaches and that is what you see in
      every religion. Gradually, the ordinary person
      unfolds his or her divinity, but there is both
      a conscious and a gradual effort.

      "God bless you. Om Shanthi, Shanthi, Shanthi."

      Follow Swami Satchidananda on Twitter at
      twitter.com/SwSatchidananda for daily inspiration.
      Message 201 of 201 , Jul 24 4:21 PM
        "When even one virtue becomes our nature, the mind becomes clean and tranquil. Then there is no need to practice meditation; we will automatically be meditating always."
        Sri Gurudev Swami Satchidananda