[Meditation Society of America] Re: "Right Effort"

  • walto
    Message 1 of 199 , Sep 6, 2011
      Hint for Dan: the expression "I don't get it" in vernacular contemporary English just means "I don't understand what you're saying." There doesn't have to be any referent of "it," and nobody has to be the "it" for somebody to "get it" (i.e., understand).

      Hint for Sean: It's not so complicated, really. Just look in the text under "Passive-aggressive, all-knowing Eastern religious version."

      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "dan330033" <dan330033@...> wrote:

      > get what?
      >
      > does the word "it" represent something that can be had?
      >
      > "i" don't get "it" ...
      >
      > am i not it?
      >
      > if i am it, how am i to get it?
      >
      > is there something to get, to be got, to be begotten by, to be begotten of?
      >
      > - d -
      >
      > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, sean tremblay <bethjams9@> wrote:
      > >
      > > at this point I really don't get it

    • T Koenke Diaz
      Message 199 of 199 , May 23
        This is just so right on.  Thank you once again  :)