Nasrudin the Wise Idiot

    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 5, 2011
      Usually we share the Mullah Nassrudin tales
      without commentary, but for this one, let's
      say that the "wheat grains" represent spiritual
      methods and concepts and perhaps even experiences.
      What then does this story teach? BTW, In the Sufi tradition,
      there are 7 levels of understanding in all these stories.

      Enjoy!

      At the mill, which all the local villagers
      shared, Hamza the miller caught Nasruddin
      taking handfuls of wheat from his neighbors'
      sacks and putting them into his. Hamza was
      furious and started shouting,
      "What do you think you are doing‽"

      "I am an idiot," said Nasruddin nonchalantly,
      "I do whatever comes into my head at the time."

      "You don't say‽" snarled Hamza. "Then why don't
      you take some grain from your own sack and
      put it into others'?"

      "Sir, I am just an average, ordinary fool,"
      Nasruddin replied calmly. "I would have to be a
      complete moron to do something that stupid."
      This offering is shared for educational and
      non-profit purposes only and thus is used
      relative to the Fair Use statutes.
    • walto
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 5, 2011

        > Usually we share the Mullah Nassrudin tales
        > without commentary, but for this one, let's
        > say that the "wheat grains" represent spiritual
        > methods and concepts and perhaps even experiences.
        > What then does this story teach? BTW, In the Sufi tradition,
        > there are 7 levels of understanding in all these stories.
        >
        > Enjoy!
        >
        > At the mill, which all the local villagers
        > shared, Hamza the miller caught Nasruddin
        > taking handfuls of wheat from his neighbors'
        > sacks and putting them into his. Hamza was
        > furious and started shouting,
        > "What do you think you are doing‽"
        >
        > "I am an idiot," said Nasruddin nonchalantly,
        > "I do whatever comes into my head at the time."
        >
        > "You don't say‽" snarled Hamza. "Then why don't
        > you take some grain from your own sack and
        > put it into others'?"
        >
        > "Sir, I am just an average, ordinary fool,"
        > Nasruddin replied calmly. "I would have to be a
        > complete moron to do something that stupid."
        > This offering is shared for educational and
        > non-profit purposes only and thus is used
        > relative to the Fair Use statutes.

        I think I agree with what I take to be your point above. Of course, for one to get something from other people's methods, first there have to BE other people!

        Best,