Re: "Right Effort"

  • dan330033
    Message 1 of 201 , Sep 4, 2011
      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "walto" <calhorn@...> wrote:

      > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "walto" <calhorn@> wrote:
      > >
      > Maybe I just disagree with you? We could agree to disagree: In fact, each could acknowledge that the other was correct and that his position wasn't necessarily a function of some psychological defect. I'm willing to do that--Are you?
      > >

      > I didn't put that well. Obviously, neither of us is likely to acknowledge that the other is "correct." I should have said something like "each could acknowledge that the other takes a different view of the matter, but that his position isn't necessarily a function of some psychological defect or incompleteness. I'm willing to do that--Are you?"
      >
      > Sorry for any confusion.

      there is no separably existing "you" to hold a view, nor is there any way that sentences being typed can constitute an actual view that can be agreed with or disagreed with.

      as for what this is - one knows this directly - and is clear that words aren't adding to what this is, nor can they diminish it.

      sharing words is for fun and enjoyment - but not to establish something ...

      what the heck is this, then?

      call this clear light, call it being - just don't call it late for dinner ...

      peace,

      - d -
      Message 201 of 201 , Jul 24
        "When even one virtue becomes our nature, the mind becomes clean and tranquil. Then there is no need to practice meditation; we will automatically be meditating always."
        Sri Gurudev Swami Satchidananda