Words of Wisdom by Swami Satchidananda

    Message 1 of 182 , Sep 3, 2011
      How to Understand Suffering

      "If we understand suffering, then it's no longer
      suffering. To give an example, a mother who gives
      birth to a child faces a lot of suffering, is it
      not so? But behind that suffering the mother knows
      that she's going to have a lovely baby, so she
      faces it; in fact, she wants and accepts it. Once
      you accept it, it's no longer suffering. Then there's
      joy behind it. In the same way, if pain is understood
      properly in our lives, we'll never be frightened of
      it. On the other hand, we might even welcome the pain.
      `Oh pain, come on. Help me to get rid of all the dross.
      Refine me.' A refined person is one who allowed his or
      her dross to go away through suffering.

      "God bless you. Om Shanthi, Shanthi, Shanthi."

      Follow Swami Satchidananda on Twitter at
      twitter.com/SwSatchidananda for daily inspiration.
      Message 182 of 182 , Mar 30

        The best way to clean your system is to use sound. Simply choose any holy name you like, and keep repeating it. Let your body vibrate with that frequency. In the beginning you have to concentrate on that vibration within you. But, as you continue, every cell in your body will begin to repeat your mantram or your prayer; then the whole system, the whole personality, body, mind, everything will vibrate on that wavelength. The holy word is like a radio wave.

        When a mantram is given to you, you tune your personality to a particular frequency. It's just like tuning a radio. The cosmic music that comes from God is always being transmitted. God never stops transmitting all the beautiful things. Some simply don't tune their heart radios to the proper frequency. Instead, they tune it to the wrong frequency and get atmospheric disturbance.

        With practice, you'll be able to tune your heart radio. You will become a good receiver. Only then is the proper communication possible. Communication brings communion. Real communion is possible only when you tune your entire personality to God's frequency.

        Om Shanthi, Shanthi, Shanthi