Re: Words of Wisdom by Swami Satchidananda

  • walto
    Message 1 of 199 , Aug 28, 2011
      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "dan330033" <dan330033@...> wrote:

      > To see with no bias involves no effort.
      >
      > Effort comes from trying to see a certain way, which involves a bias.
      >
      > To see with no bias is effortless, involves no walls, no prejudice for or against.
      >
      > It is an open vista, so to speak - nothing constrains it.

      Why wouldn't bias-free seeing require (as one would expect) the immense effort and re-training required to cast off years (maybe decades) of parental and societal instruction?

      And how would we know when we'd achieved bias-free seeing? Surely the sole fact of not caring one way or another wouldn't be dispositive--(because sometimes that's evidence of different sorts of bias--e.g., one that absolves us from the responsibilities of actions we have taken).

      Thanks.

    • T Koenke Diaz
      Message 199 of 199 , May 23
        This is just so right on.  Thank you once again  :)