Re: Words of Wisdom by Swami Satchidananda

  • dan330033
    Message 1 of 199 , Aug 27, 2011
      It's true.

      It seems horrible to a human being whose child died of a bacterial infection - but to the bacteria, they were just doing what they do to survive and reproduce.

      Which is also how the human child got there.

      People divide experiences into good and bad, and people into good and bad - but those divisions are only bias.

      To see with no bias involves no effort.

      Effort comes from trying to see a certain way, which involves a bias.

      To see with no bias is effortless, involves no walls, no prejudice for or against.

      It is an open vista, so to speak - nothing constrains it.

      It is like the world of nature, as you say.

      It is like science when it aims at observing what is so, without trying to make the results fit what was expected to be seen.

      And, at the same time, it is beyond the natural world and the world of science.

      Simply because there are no boundaries, constraints, or limitations.

      - D -

      > Good vs. Bad
      >
      > "It's difficult to draw a line between good and
      > bad. One person's poison is another one's nectar.
      > A warm woolen blanket is very good in the winter,
      > but you don't even touch it in the summer. It
      > depends upon how you approach a situation. Truly
      > speaking, there is neither good nor bad in the
      > world outside. Everything is neutral. Take cobra
      > poison, for example. The moment we hear the name
      > `poison' we are frightened. We say, `It's terrible,
      > it's bad.' But there are certain medicines made out
      > of that poison. Poison is not poison but becomes
      > nectar if you know how to administer it. But if you
      > don't know how to manage it, even nectar will become
      > poison. There's nothing good or bad outside. It all
      > depends upon our approach.
      >
      > "God bless you. Om Shanti, Shanti, Shanti."
      >
      > Follow Swami Satchidananda on Twitter at
      > twitter.com/SwSatchidananda for daily inspiration.

    • T Koenke Diaz
      Message 199 of 199 , May 23
        This is just so right on.  Thank you once again  :)