Words of Wisdom by Swami Satchidananda

    Message 1 of 199 , Aug 20, 2011
      The Root Cause of Suffering

      "Sorrow is nothing but what you borrow. The root
      cause of our suffering is our wrong approach, our
      greed, our clinging onto things. The more we're
      attached to things, the more we suffer. If you
      never say `no' to things, and if you acquire more
      and more, ultimately, you will see that you're
      bound up by those things, and then they will start
      to bother you. Finally, one day, wisdom dawns and
      you get dispassion, detachment. So, suffering is
      self-made. Nobody on earth can make you suffer.
      It's our own attitude, our own ignorance. We think
      that by acquiring things we can be happy. Eventually,
      we become unhappy by the same things that we acquire.
      There is nothing wrong with keeping things, but do
      not be attached to them.

      "God bless you. Om Shanti, Shanti, Shanti."

      Follow Swami Satchidananda on Twitter at
      twitter.com/SwSatchidananda for daily inspiration.
    • T Koenke Diaz
      Message 199 of 199 , May 23 7:52 AM
        This is just so right on.  Thank you once again  :)