Words of Wisdom by Swami Sivananda

    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 16, 2011
      SERENITY

      Be serene and calm at all times and under
      all tests and trials. Try again and
      again to develop these two qualities.
      Serenity is like a rock; waves of
      irritation may dash on it but cannot
      affect it. Calmness will give you great
      strength and make you a hero.

      Sri Swami Sivananda
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 13, 2011
        Deepavali - A Festival of Light, Joy & Illumination

        "The sun does not shine there, nor do the moon
        and the stars, nor do lightnings shine and much
        less fire. All the lights of the world cannot
        be compared even to a ray of the inner light of
        the Self. Merge yourself in this light of lights
        and enjoy the supreme Deepavali.

        He who Himself sees all but whom no one beholds,
        who illumines the intellect, the sun, the moon
        and the stars and the whole universe but
        whom they cannot illumine, He indeed is Brahman,
        He is the inner Self. Celebrate the real Deepavali
        by living in Brahman, and enjoy the eternal
        bliss of the soul." - Swami Sivananda
        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 2, 2011
          PERFECT RENUNCIATION

          Vedanta does not want you to renounce the world.
          It wants you to change your mental attitude and
          give up this false, illusory `I-ness' and `mine-ness'.
          The snake charmer removes only the two poisonous
          fangs of the cobra. The snake remains the same. It hisses,
          raises its hood and shows its fangs. In fact, it
          does everything as before. The snake charmer has
          changed his mental attitude towards the snake. He has
          a feeling now that it has no poisonous fangs. Even so,
          you must remove the two poisonous fangs of the mind,
          namely, `I-ness' and `mine-ness' only. Then you can
          allow the mind to go wherever it likes. Then you
          will always have the feeling of the presence of God.
          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 5, 2012
            SIT IN SILENCE

            I am neither male nor female;
            I am neither dvaita (dualism) nor advaita (non­-dualism);
            I am neither saguna (with qualities) nor nirguna (without qualities);
            I am neither seer nor hearer;
            I am neither body nor mind;
            I am neither far nor near;
            I am neither black nor red;
            I am neither thin nor stout;
            I live neither by food nor by air;
            I neither move nor stop;
            I shall neither go to hell nor to heaven;
            I neither laugh nor weep;
            I work and yet I do not work;
            I hear without ears and see without eyes;
            I smell without nose and taste without tongue;
            Few understand Me.
            He who understands Me, sits in silence.
            Sivananda says: "Mysterious is that silence.
            Drown yourself in that silence
            And be happy."
          • Sandeep

              Message 6 of 9 , Jun 5, 2012
                Sandeep <sandeep1960@...> wrote:

                > I am.......while........neither am I.

                Excellent! And of course, there's always
                "I am what I am and that's all what I am" by Sri Popeyeji

                > On 05-06-2012 20:23, medit8ionsociety wrote:
                > >
                > > SIT IN SILENCE
                > >
                > > I am neither male nor female;
                > > I am neither dvaita (dualism) nor advaita (non­-dualism);
                > > I am neither saguna (with qualities) nor nirguna (without qualities);
                > > I am neither seer nor hearer;
                > > I am neither body nor mind;
                > > I am neither far nor near;
                > > I am neither black nor red;
                > > I am neither thin nor stout;
                > > I live neither by food nor by air;
                > > I neither move nor stop;
                > > I shall neither go to hell nor to heaven;
                > > I neither laugh nor weep;
                > > I work and yet I do not work;
                > > I hear without ears and see without eyes;
                > > I smell without nose and taste without tongue;
                > > Few understand Me.
                > > He who understands Me, sits in silence.
                > > Sivananda says: "Mysterious is that silence.
                > > Drown yourself in that silence
                > > And be happy."

              • Aideen Mckenna
                Message 7 of 9 , Jun 5, 2012

                  The moon’s full, isn’t it?

                  Message 8 of 9 , May 24 8:35 PM
                    Why Meditate

                    Without the help of meditation,
                    you cannot attain Knowledge of the Self.
                    Without it's aid, you cannot grow
                    into the divine state.
                    Without it, you cannot liberate yourself
                    from the trammels of the mind
                    and attain immortality.
                    Meditation is the only royal road
                    to the attainment of freedom.
                    It is a mysterious ladder which reaches
                    from earth to heaven, from error to truth,
                    from darkness to light, from pain to bliss,
                    from restlessness to abiding peace,
                    from ignorance to knowledge.
                    From mortality to immortality.

                    Swami Sivananda