The running down of a winding

  • sandeep chatterjee
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 8, 2011
      One of the most stressful kinds of emotional pain is regret over something we didn’t do because of the fear of failure. It can consume our inner Being. Everything new involves the risk of failure. All successful people have experienced failure, learned from it and have grown stronger. Failures are a normal part of life. You can learn a lot from your failures if you don’t let them disillusion you. They are not disasters. They are the lessons we are here to learn. If you feel something in your heart and know it resonates within you as something you should try, yet hold back out of fear, you set yourself up for regret. Fear of failure is the thief and destroyer of our dreams. If it took control of your life you would never develop close relationships or seize professional opportunities. I have come to a point on my journey where failure has been my most influential teacher. I have fallen off the proverbial horse and kicked in the face on the way down on numerous occasions. Yet, I climb back on again and again.  And each time I climb back on, the duration of the ride increases as time goes by.  The truth is; how would you ever know if you could paint that picture, write that song, play that instrument, earn that degree, run that business, make that speech, win that game,  marry that person, or write that book - if you never try to do it.

      --------

      Yes.

      Try, try, try and then try again.

      Or cease trying and try something else.

      Or cease all sense of striving all together and just be in quietude.

      All the time knowing…..the whether there is a trying in the field of mentation…..i.e..thinking …. or in the domain of physicality, i.e. actions (which is really the “external actualization” of thought)…
      ….know that……..in all this…drama…

      …that the content of the moment, aka the striving or the absence of striving ………could not have been otherwise.

      That the physical biological, psycho-somatic, conditioned, sentient object………with a label…

      ..is an instrument, a vehicle…through which ....the moment, whatever be the content of the moment... (teeming with stress, or Prozac induced beatific smilings)…

      ....an instrument....through which …the moment unfolds……..precisely as it unfolds.

      That the very unfolding moment…….includes….. (as a mere nuance of itself)…

      ……the very instrument, the very vehicle........ through which the unfolding.

      That the instrument and the unfolding/happening through the instrument…….cannot be separated.

      That there is no static instrument……but that very biological instrument is itself unfolding

      ….as a nuance of the moment.

      Truly apperceiving this( to use a mere word)…that there is no “start” for the object which had been hereto held to be “oneself”…

      ….and thus the actions through such an object which were hereto held to be volitional…

      ..and which defined oneself to oneself, aka this is my thought, this is my decision, this is my action, this my reward/punishments etc etc…

      .....all as ingredients which establishes the sense of a “me”……..

      …that there is no “end”…….to such an object …..which can isolated, distinguished, discreeted.

      When no such defining boundaries can be drawn…for this object…..or for anything…

      ...in and as what is a seamlessness ( to use a mere term)……

      …stress about what…

      … hope for what…

      ….accept what…

      .... reject what…

      ….hopelessness about what.

      What failure.

      What success.

      So is this prattling an advocation to just sit and gaze at the stubborn lint in the navel.... 24/7?

      Or just keep looking at a Wall?

      If that is to unfold……then that is precisely what will happen.

      If not, this very prattling will be taken as gibberish and the prevailing sense of a self created goal…

      the prevailing sense of a chase…..and the sense of success or failure of the chase ......with all the associated neurotic hoopla…

      ..such will prevail.

      A wound up clock will run down the momentum of winding.

      Whether that is labeled as a "sage", or a "bum-on-the-street".......or a "Wall Street Bankster".

      The only difference (so to say)…….is whether there is a continuous adding  to the winding…

      ..or it is the play- offs of the winding.

      Whatever……..once again could not have been different to what is…..
      …in and as the moment.