The Best (?) Beath Meditation Technique

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 31 6:57 AM
      From our web site, Meditation Station:

      Soham

      The Bible tells us that in the beginning there
      was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the
      Word was God. But in the beginning, there were no
      words, no languages, or even sounds of humans or
      animals. So what was the Word that was in the
      beginning. This has been a great mystery, but like
      the solution to many mysteries, the answer has
      been right under our nose all along. And that
      is Soham.

      Soham is referred to as the "Mahamantra", the Greatest
      Mantra, and is considered along with Om to be the
      most powerful of all techniques. This was the
      first meditation technique, both in antiquity and
      in our own lives. The ancient cavemen, before they
      had invented language or fire, would sit in their
      dark caves and have nothing else to focus on but
      the sound of their breath. Similarly, the first
      sound we heard when we were in our mothers' womb
      was the sound of her breath, and this sound has been
      with us ever since we drew our first breath. It
      negates the need to rely on any of the words of the
      languages of the world to use as a mantra. It has
      brought people to transcendence of worldly limitations
      from time immemorial and continues to do so. It
      can be done even while driving, working, and doing
      other acts of daily life and thereby offers a
      continuous experience of being in the present.
      This is a great present, because Reality takes place
      now, in the present. Soham is a wonder-full meditation
      technique and I hope will bring you the experience
      of Knowledge, Consciousness, and Bliss that is
      your birthright.

      In the Bible, when God was asked what his name is,
      He answered " I Am That I Am'. In Sanskrit, the
      most ancient of languages, the sound of the inhalation
      is termed So, and the exhalation is Ham. Combined,
      the word Soham is translated as "I Am He/That".
      So, whenever you are doing this technique, you are
      calling on God. Every breath thus becomes a prayer
      and adoration.

      The Soham Meditation Technique

      At the time and in the place where you feel most
      comfortable, place your body in the position that
      you have found to be the most beneficial for meditation.
      Close your eyes. Close your ears by putting your
      thumbs in them, or by using earplugs. This will
      intensify the sound of your breath while diminishing
      the distractions that sight and sound bring. Command
      your mind to be silent, your emotions to be calm, and
      your body to stay relaxed. Focus on the sound of your
      breath coming in. Associate it with the word So. As
      your breath leaves, listen to the sound and associate
      it with the word Ham. To pronounce So and Ham correctly,
      listen to how they sound. As with most pranayama
      (breathing techniques), Soham is done either in 3 cycles
      of 12 or 12 cycles of 12. One inhalation and one
      exhalation are one respiration. 12 respirations are
      one cycle. For those just starting to use this technique,
      it is usual to silently say the word So with each
      inhalation and the word Ham with each exhale. When you
      are focused consistently, consciously, you will flow
      into simply listening to the sound of Soham. Soham is
      by far the easiest meditation. It comes to all living
      creatures without any effort. And yet it is the
      deepest possible technique, as it presents the
      opportunity to meditate on the great mystery of
      life and the life-giver itself.

      No matter how we have acted and reacted, with each
      breath we are forgiven for our so-called sins and
      rewarded with another breath, another heartbeat,
      and another moment of life to cherish. No act of
      will on our part can give us breath. Literally, we
      are graced with this gift of life from a power
      greater than ourselves. A corpse has every bone,
      every organ, and every bodily system that we have,
      and yet it doesn't have life or healing energy filling
      every cell with every breath, as we have. As you merge
      more and more with Soham, you surrender your
      reactivity to your thoughts, emotions, and sensory
      impressions. These are all just heavy earth-bound
      suffering-causing limitations. The divine energy of
      Soham is limitless heavenly love and light. Witness,
      surrender all effort, and fill with this most precious
      gift of Grace.
    • cris angel
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 31 7:17 AM
        a since thanks to you all.  am honored and blessed

        cris

        From our web site, Meditation Station:

        --
        Cris Angel, DA, EAMP, H.DD
        Diplomate Acupuncture NCCAOM

        Straight and narrow is the path… Waste no time.  --- Dr. David R. Hawkins
        --
        CONFIDENTIALITY WARNING:  This email may contain CONFIDENTIAL, PROPRIETARY, AND/OR PRIVILEGED INFORMATION and is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s).  Any disclosure, copying or unauthorized use of this communication by others is strictly prohibited.  If you believe that you have received this email in error, please notify the sender by immediate reply and then delete the original email from your system.