Words of Wisdom by Swami Satchidananda

    Message 1 of 201 , Jul 12, 2011
      Elevate Your Mind

      "You must be very careful about what you
      read or watch on TV, particularly at night.
      Because, if you go to bed with lofty ideas,
      the lofty ideas are slowly accepted by the
      subconscious mind during the night, and you
      become a better person in the morning. So,
      always keep next to your bedside some good
      books, holy books, with which you can elevate
      your mind. If you take some exciting books
      or TV shows, you will go on reading or watching
      instead of soothing your nerves. These will
      stimulate your system and you won't get sleep.
      Most of those who complain of sleeplessness
      do so because they do not know what to read at night.

      "God bless you. Om Shanti, Shanti, Shanti."

      Follow Swami Satchidananda on Twitter at
      twitter.com/SwSatchidananda for daily inspiration.
      Message 201 of 201 , Jul 24
        "When even one virtue becomes our nature, the mind becomes clean and tranquil. Then there is no need to practice meditation; we will automatically be meditating always."
        Sri Gurudev Swami Satchidananda