Re: [Meditation Society of America] Re: Words of Wisdom by Swami Satchidananda

  • sandeep chatterjee
    Message 1 of 182 , Jul 7, 2011

      From: walto <calhorn@...>
      To: meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Thursday, July 7, 2011 6:05 PM
      Subject: [Meditation Society of America] Re: Words of Wisdom by Swami Satchidananda

      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, sandeep chatterjee <sandeep1960@...> wrote:

      > ________________________________
      >

      > > Hi. I was struck by something in your last couple of posts. This:
      > >
      > > "We must always keep the goal
      > > clear and see that our every action is recorded,
      > > measured, limited and controlled. Every one of us
      > > must become navigators."
      > >
      > > may actually be inconsistent with this:
      > >
      > > "The degree of the absence of thoughts is the
      > > measure of your progress towards Self-realization.
      > > But Self-realization itself does not admit of progress,
      > > it is ever the same."
      > >
      > > One takes the position that mindfulness/eye on the goal/etc. is key to
      > > self-realization. The other that no-mind/absence of goal or direction is the
      > > key.
      > >
      > > Meditation literature is funny that way.
      > >
      > > Best,

      > Which is why stick to what makes you uncomfortable. (Yes.."un").
      >
      > During one full day .....of Sangha........Ananda observed a seeker in the morning, asking Buddha "Is there God?".
      > Buddha, to Ananda's astonishment answered "Yes".
      >

      > Later on the day another bhikshuk asked the same question and Buddha to Ananda's astonishment, answered
      > " No"
      >
      > And in the evening of the same day......one approached and stood in silence in Buddha's presence..
      >

      > ...after a little time, tears were rolling down the seeker's face.....
      >

      > and after some time....the seeker bowed and left......with not a single sound .....being exchanged.
      >
      > After both had finished dinner and after some satisfied belching by both ...(the yams were a bit over ripe)....
      >
      > ... Ananda confronted Buddha and asked "What gives? You are no better than a used car salesman"
      >
      > Buddha replied, "The first was an atheist and was merely seeking a validation of his belief.
      >
      > The second was an theist and was also seeking a validation of his belief.
      >
      > The third presented beingness..... which met beingness ........in tears and in silence.
      >
      > Hey little bro, I have a '67 Chevy on which I can get you a great deal"
      >

      > In a school, where there are no grades to pass and move to the next...
      >
      > ...there is the kindergartner of controlled action, and focused navigation towards a self-created goal....
      >

      > ..and there is the double PhD of .......No degrees in Reality.
      >
      > I.e. the construct of time and space being notional inferences ....
      >

      > ...thereby any becoming, which has to be within the such notions...... is itself a notion.....
      >

      > Aka, a display of what would be something like progress....
      >
      > ... if someone, something .......could ever be isolated and its evolution ever be monitored.
      >

      > And whoever said that consistency is a necessary condition.
      >

      > Consistent and inconsistent......are both conclusions..... against a parameter, against a paradigm.
      >

      > Which is notions arrived at .....through contrasting.....against another notion.

      Even you construct an argument above, in which you think a conclusion of sorts follows from the premises in your story.

      ----------

      Nah......no conclusion, no premises in the story...any story.

      Just impressions of such.

      The narrating of the story.......like a signature on flowing waters.

      And thus the absence of  the presence of the signature and it's seemingly created impression....

      ....AND.....

      ...the absence of the absence of  the presence of the signature and it's seemingly created impression.

      And it's not an infinite regress.

      -----------

       Language and communication require that inferences of that type can be made:

      -------

      Sure,......and which is an impression .....which itself is based on the assumption that  "languaging" and "communicating" is actually happening.

      Yeah, I am aware of the Wittgenstein joker.

      He was always good for some fund and games stories.:-)

      Message 182 of 182 , Mar 30

        The best way to clean your system is to use sound. Simply choose any holy name you like, and keep repeating it. Let your body vibrate with that frequency. In the beginning you have to concentrate on that vibration within you. But, as you continue, every cell in your body will begin to repeat your mantram or your prayer; then the whole system, the whole personality, body, mind, everything will vibrate on that wavelength. The holy word is like a radio wave.

        When a mantram is given to you, you tune your personality to a particular frequency. It's just like tuning a radio. The cosmic music that comes from God is always being transmitted. God never stops transmitting all the beautiful things. Some simply don't tune their heart radios to the proper frequency. Instead, they tune it to the wrong frequency and get atmospheric disturbance.

        With practice, you'll be able to tune your heart radio. You will become a good receiver. Only then is the proper communication possible. Communication brings communion. Real communion is possible only when you tune your entire personality to God's frequency.

        Om Shanthi, Shanthi, Shanthi