RE: [Meditation Society of America] Re: Words of Wisdom by Swami Satchidananda

  • Aideen Mckenna
    Message 1 of 182 , Jul 6, 2011

      I’ve noticed that, too.  Mentally, I delete the “goal” part.  My own practice is based on Buddhist sutras – the Pali canon.  No goals there, & the Buddha was consistent.  I found that practising in a goal-free manner was difficult for a while, because so many of us are conditioned to be goal-oriented, myself included.  Still, I like much of what I read here by Swami Satchidananda.

      Message 182 of 182 , Mar 30

        The best way to clean your system is to use sound. Simply choose any holy name you like, and keep repeating it. Let your body vibrate with that frequency. In the beginning you have to concentrate on that vibration within you. But, as you continue, every cell in your body will begin to repeat your mantram or your prayer; then the whole system, the whole personality, body, mind, everything will vibrate on that wavelength. The holy word is like a radio wave.

        When a mantram is given to you, you tune your personality to a particular frequency. It's just like tuning a radio. The cosmic music that comes from God is always being transmitted. God never stops transmitting all the beautiful things. Some simply don't tune their heart radios to the proper frequency. Instead, they tune it to the wrong frequency and get atmospheric disturbance.

        With practice, you'll be able to tune your heart radio. You will become a good receiver. Only then is the proper communication possible. Communication brings communion. Real communion is possible only when you tune your entire personality to God's frequency.

        Om Shanthi, Shanthi, Shanthi