Re: Words of Wisdom by Swami Satchidananda

  • walto
    Message 1 of 201 , Jul 6, 2011
      Hi. I was struck by something in your last couple of posts. This:

      "We must always keep the goal
      clear and see that our every action is recorded,
      measured, limited and controlled. Every one of us
      must become navigators."

      may actually be inconsistent with this:

      "The degree of the absence of thoughts is the
      measure of your progress towards Self-realization.
      But Self-realization itself does not admit of progress,
      it is ever the same."

      One takes the position that mindfulness/eye on the goal/etc. is key to self-realization. The other that no-mind/absence of goal or direction is the key.

      Meditation literature is funny that way.

      Best,

      Message 201 of 201 , Jul 24
        "When even one virtue becomes our nature, the mind becomes clean and tranquil. Then there is no need to practice meditation; we will automatically be meditating always."
        Sri Gurudev Swami Satchidananda