Re: Words of Wisdom by Swami Satchidananda

  • walto
    Message 1 of 199 , Jul 6 6:36 AM
      Hi. I was struck by something in your last couple of posts. This:

      "We must always keep the goal
      clear and see that our every action is recorded,
      measured, limited and controlled. Every one of us
      must become navigators."

      may actually be inconsistent with this:

      "The degree of the absence of thoughts is the
      measure of your progress towards Self-realization.
      But Self-realization itself does not admit of progress,
      it is ever the same."

      One takes the position that mindfulness/eye on the goal/etc. is key to self-realization. The other that no-mind/absence of goal or direction is the key.

      Meditation literature is funny that way.

      Best,

      > Keep the Goal Clear
      >
      > "From looking at many people's lives, we often see
      > that they are almost like rudderless boats. They're
      > just tossed here and there. There is no direction
      > for them. Even a small wind can toss them here and
      > there. And to such people it's very, very difficult
      > to say when they will reach their goal, and how.
      > In Yoga it's the same. We must always keep the goal
      > clear and see that our every action is recorded,
      > measured, limited and controlled. Every one of us
      > must become navigators. The body is like the boat;
      > inside is our common sense, and our intelligence
      > is the navigator.
      >
      > "God bless you. Om Shanti, Shanti, Shanti."
      >
      > Follow Swami Satchidananda on Twitter at
      > twitter.com/SwSatchidananda for daily inspiration.

    • T Koenke Diaz
      Message 199 of 199 , May 23
        This is just so right on.  Thank you once again  :)