Reincarnation Ideas of Rudolf Steiner

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 3, 2011
      This is an excerpt from "Theosophy" by Rudolf Steiner

      As physical man I spring from other physical men,
      for I have the same shape as the whole human species.
      The qualities of the species, accordingly, could be
      bequeathed to me within the genus. As spiritual man
      I have my own shape as I have my own biography.
      I therefore can have obtained this shape from no
      one but myself. Since I entered the world not with
      undefined but with defined predispositions; and
      since the course of my life as it comes to expression
      in my biography is determined by these predispositions,
      my work on myself cannot have begun with my birth.
      I must, as spiritual man, have existed before my
      birth. In my forefathers I have certainly not been
      existent, for they as spiritual human beings are
      different from me. My biography is not explainable
      through theirs. On the contrary, I must, as spiritual
      being, be the repetition of one through whose
      biography mine can be explained. The physical
      form which Schiller bore he inherited from his
      forefathers. But just as little as Schiller's physical
      form can have grown out of the earth, so little can
      his spiritual being have done so. It must be the
      repetition of another spiritual being through
      whose biography his will be explainable as his
      physical human form is explainable through human
      propagation. In the same way, therefore, that the
      physical human form is ever again and again a
      repetition, a reincarnation of the distinctively
      human species, the spiritual human being must be
      a reincarnation of the SAME spiritual human being.
      For as spiritual human being, each one is in
      fact his own species.
      This article is being shared for non-commercial and
      only for educational purposes and thus is posted
      as allowed by the Fair Use Statutes.