Re: Mullah Nasrudin's BelieF

    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 25, 2011
      "walto" <calhorn@...> wrote:

      > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, medit8ionsociety <no_reply@> wrote:
      > >
      > > "If something is true or real, I do not have to believe in it.
      > > If something is not true or real, I am a fool to believe in it.
      > > *** Now, of what use is belief?"
      > >

      > If a bus hurtling toward you is true or real, if you do not believe in it, it will crush you.
      >
      > If no real or true bus is hurtling toward you, it will be foolish to believe that one is and so waste time waiting for an imaginary bus to pass by.
      >
      > That is the use of belief.
      >
      > ;>}

      "If you witness a thought and you then ask
      "Who's thinking this", "Is this real or
      unreal", "Is this eternal or changing", etc,
      'Belief' has demonstrated its value."

      Kir Li Molari
    • sandeep chatterjee
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 25, 2011
        Walto,

        It is not belief that makes the object popularly known as Walto.....jump out of the way of an oncoming bus, but the instinct of survival .......hard-wired into the architecture of the object.

        Belief is just the sense of a thought that it was "you" who jumped.

        Just like, in the case of breathing.......going on moment to moment to moment.

        .