Re: Mullah Nasrudin's BelieF

  • walto
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 25, 2011

      > "If something is true or real, I do not have to believe in it.
      > If something is not true or real, I am a fool to believe in it.
      > *** Now, of what use is belief?"

      If a bus hurtling toward you is true or real, if you do not believe in it, it will crush you.

      If no real or true bus is hurtling toward you, it will be foolish to believe that one is and so waste time waiting for an imaginary bus to pass by.

      That is the use of belief.

      ;>}

      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 25, 2011
        "walto" <calhorn@...> wrote:

        > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, medit8ionsociety <no_reply@> wrote:
        > >
        > > "If something is true or real, I do not have to believe in it.
        > > If something is not true or real, I am a fool to believe in it.
        > > *** Now, of what use is belief?"
        > >

        > If a bus hurtling toward you is true or real, if you do not believe in it, it will crush you.
        >
        > If no real or true bus is hurtling toward you, it will be foolish to believe that one is and so waste time waiting for an imaginary bus to pass by.
        >
        > That is the use of belief.
        >
        > ;>}

        "If you witness a thought and you then ask
        "Who's thinking this", "Is this real or
        unreal", "Is this eternal or changing", etc,
        'Belief' has demonstrated its value."

        Kir Li Molari
      • sandeep chatterjee
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 25, 2011
          Walto,

          It is not belief that makes the object popularly known as Walto.....jump out of the way of an oncoming bus, but the instinct of survival .......hard-wired into the architecture of the object.

          Belief is just the sense of a thought that it was "you" who jumped.

          Just like, in the case of breathing.......going on moment to moment to moment.

          .