Re: It's Time Again for Meditation and Weapons of Destruction

    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 18, 2011
      "walto" <calhorn@...> wrote:

      >> --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, medit8ionsociety <no_reply@> wrote:
      > >

      > Hi, Bob.
      >
      > Cool collection. Do take there to be a connection between knives and meditation, or do you think it's just a coincidence that you happen to be interested in both.
      >
      > Thanks.

      Yo W,
      The "collection" is of knives that I've made, and the
      connection is that the act of their creation is a
      meditative time for me. Maybe it's like what a "runners
      high" or a Zen tea ceremony, etc. is all about. For me
      it's an experience of seemingly perfect focus (necessary
      or else I'll lose a body part), and just something my
      hands and eyes and some machines do....and the knives appear.
      Several times in the past I have posted on this forum
      about what I experienced making the knives using the
      title "Zen and the Art of Knifemaking", but there doesn't
      seem to be a search function for this forum anymore.
      So for now, I'll just say that when I wake up in the morning
      and notice I've put on the Bob Rose mask, it seems
      that man's oldest tool and "me" have some kind of affinity,
      that comes with the ability to actually make knives. And,
      I get a real "high" while doing it, and some amazement at
      what they are when I'm done. I think it's kind of ironic
      and funny that I've spent 30+ years being an RN
      and 47+ meditating, and now make deadly weapons.
      But since I like ironic and funny things, I think
      I'll keep doing it.

      the ability to
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 19, 2011
        I had said in this post that there no longer was
        a search function on this forum, but I just found
        it. It is in the Messages section, on the top of the
        page, and it works just fine! I'm now LNA (laughing
        not aloud) about my compu-clumsiness. Oh well!