It's Time Again for Meditation and Weapons of Destruction

    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 16, 2011
      This weekend, Fri 4 to 9, Sat 9 to 5 and Sun 9 to 4 PM
      I'll once again be displaying my knives at the
      Valley Forge Gun Show. Info can be found here about the show:
      http://www.valleyforgegunshow.com/ and about the knives at:
      http://www.bobroseknives.com
      I look forward to spending time with visiting Meditation
      Society members, those who use our web site and this
      forum, as well as those from other consciousness evolving
      practices. It is always a joy and a laugh and a "high time"
      sharing insights while all around us there are those
      seeking more efficient means (and I do mean "mean") ways to
      destroy people places and things. So if you're in the area,
      please consider joining the fun.
      Hope to see you there!
    • walto
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 18, 2011

        Hi, Bob.

        Cool collection. Do take there to be a connection between knives and meditation, or do you think it's just a coincidence that you happen to be interested in both.

        Thanks.

        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 18, 2011
          "walto" <calhorn@...> wrote:

          >> --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, medit8ionsociety <no_reply@> wrote:
          > >

          > Hi, Bob.
          >
          > Cool collection. Do take there to be a connection between knives and meditation, or do you think it's just a coincidence that you happen to be interested in both.
          >
          > Thanks.

          Yo W,
          The "collection" is of knives that I've made, and the
          connection is that the act of their creation is a
          meditative time for me. Maybe it's like what a "runners
          high" or a Zen tea ceremony, etc. is all about. For me
          it's an experience of seemingly perfect focus (necessary
          or else I'll lose a body part), and just something my
          hands and eyes and some machines do....and the knives appear.
          Several times in the past I have posted on this forum
          about what I experienced making the knives using the
          title "Zen and the Art of Knifemaking", but there doesn't
          seem to be a search function for this forum anymore.
          So for now, I'll just say that when I wake up in the morning
          and notice I've put on the Bob Rose mask, it seems
          that man's oldest tool and "me" have some kind of affinity,
          that comes with the ability to actually make knives. And,
          I get a real "high" while doing it, and some amazement at
          what they are when I'm done. I think it's kind of ironic
          and funny that I've spent 30+ years being an RN
          and 47+ meditating, and now make deadly weapons.
          But since I like ironic and funny things, I think
          I'll keep doing it.

          the ability to
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 19, 2011
            I had said in this post that there no longer was
            a search function on this forum, but I just found
            it. It is in the Messages section, on the top of the
            page, and it works just fine! I'm now LNA (laughing
            not aloud) about my compu-clumsiness. Oh well!