The Wisdom of Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 6, 2011
      SELF KNOWLEDGE AND SELF REALIZATION

      When we concentrate our attention on the origin
      of thought, the thought process itself comes to
      an end; there is a hiatus, which is pleasant,
      and again the process starts. Turning from
      the external world and enjoying the objectless
      bliss, the mind feels that the world of
      objects is not for it. Prior to this experience
      the un satiating sense enjoyments constantly
      challenged the mind to satisfy them, but from
      the inward turn onwards its interest in them
      begins to fade. Once the internal bliss is enjoyed,
      the external happiness loses its charm.
      One who has tasted the inward bliss is naturally
      loving and free from envy, contented and
      happy with others' prosperity, friendly and
      innocent and free from deceit. He is full of the
      mystery and wonder of the bliss. One who has realized
      the Self can never inflict pain on other.
      permission from the copyright owner.