Dispassion is One of the Starting Points of Compassion

    Message 1 of 1 , May 5 8:01 PM
      It is said that to have compassion for others,
      we must first have compassion for ourself. But
      that has nothing to do with having an
      "I'm a victim, poor me" attitude. The symptoms
      of this dis-ease are thinking that others words,
      the way they look at you, the way they treat you,
      and so on, justify feeling angry, offended, sad,
      or any other similar adjectives. It's just one of
      the mind's major ways to keep you its slave and
      keep you too busy to realize that you need not
      invest any energy in any of those judgmental
      negative thoughts,feelings, or physical reactions.
      Witness your self-suffering and drop it or sooth
      it as you expect a compassionate deity would do.