The Elephant & the Rat

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 18 7:13 PM
      An elephant was enjoying a leisurely dip in a
      jungle pool when a rat came up to the pool &
      insisted that the elephant get out.

      "I won't," said the elephant.

      "I insist you get out this minute,"
      said the rat.

      "Why?"

      "I shall tell you that only after you
      are out of the pool."

      "Then I won't get out."

      But he finally lumbered out of the pool,
      stood in front of the rat, and said,
      "Now, then, why did you want
      me to get out of the pool?"

      "To check if you were wearing my
      swimming trunks," said the rat.

      An elephant will sooner fit into the
      trunks of a rat than God will fit into our
      notions of him.

      Anthony de Mello
      permission from the copyright owner.