Re: Ego, Infinity, Guilt

    Message 1 of 197 , Feb 20 9:54 PM
      Dear shst, Yes, judgements and comparisons are a
      part of life, but so are pain and suffering. Perhaps
      the question is really "If you let your mind chatter,
      does it bring you tranquility?" If your judgements and
      comparisons bring you peace, great! But if they too often
      cause you to suffer, please consider taking the
      meditative approach that points to stilling the chattering
      mind. If thoughts arise that bring you negativity,
      replace them with uplifting ones. Don't let your mind
      bring you down. Gain control, be the master. Your mind
      should be a tool for you, not something that is let run
      loose. It is often compared to a crazy monkey in
      meditation literature. Put a leash on it and it can serve
      you well. If you don't, it will cause havoc. We will
      be in a civilized state and act appropriatly when we
      have self control, and that goes with control of your
      own mind. And that is perfectly natural.
    • eveneon
      Message 197 of 197 , Jun 9, 2002
        wrote:
        me.... I am so glad for