Words of Wisdom by Swami Satchidananda

    Message 1 of 201 , Mar 4, 2011
      A Mantra's Benefits

      "A mantra has two purposes. One purpose is to
      make your mind strong, clear and collected.
      The other purpose is, when you concentrate on
      a mantra for a long time, it slowly dissolves
      and you are no more repeating the mantra. Even
      that goes away, and your mind becomes still.
      That means that, through the mantra, your mind
      is collected and focused on one point at the
      cost of all other thoughts. Your final goal is
      to make the mind 'thought-less,' or free of
      disturbances. You start with a mantra and then
      the mantra brings you the real benefit: It slowly
      dissolves, leaving your mind completely still and free."

      "God bless you. Om Shanti, Shanti, Shanti."

      Follow Swami Satchidananda on Twitter at
      twitter.com/SwSatchidananda for daily inspiration.
      Message 201 of 201 , Jul 24
        "When even one virtue becomes our nature, the mind becomes clean and tranquil. Then there is no need to practice meditation; we will automatically be meditating always."
        Sri Gurudev Swami Satchidananda