Contemplation

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 4, 2011
      Learning concentration can be considered analogous
      to a baby learning to crawl. It is only the first
      phase of a process that ends with attaining a
      freedom of movement. Just as we find walking and
      running to be superior ways to arrive at a given
      location, we will find attaining the ability to
      experience states of Meditation and Contemplation
      to be superior ways of arriving at infinite
      varieties of locations.

      While concentrating and meditating we are placing
      limits on our actions -- we are commanding our
      mind, body, and emotions to stay focused on the
      task we have assigned and not distract us. In a
      way, this control, though beneficial and necessary
      for our success at concentration and meditation,
      is the exact thing that we need to let go of to
      attain Contemplation. Contemplation requires a
      complete surrender -- a non-control by our finite
      ego/mind and a complete taking over by the infinite
      Cosmic Consciousness. Even though "control" may give
      us a way to excise some "inner demons", like
      compulsive behavior, distracting thought patterns,
      or sadness, it is limited. Only an action of
      unlimited qualities can lead to a completely liberated
      result. To fly high, we cannot tie ourselves to the
      ground in any way. The more we let go, the more we
      soar and the moment we let go completely is the moment
      we attain the infinite.

      Concentration and Meditation not only give us
      greater control over our lives but also allow us
      a chance to practice witnessing our life as it
      occurs. Witnessing, which can only happen here
      and now, will ultimately lead to the recognition
      of our Real Self, which is none other than the
      source of all consciousness, and thus, the ultimate
      Witness of all. Contemplate that.