Re: Watch What You Ask for and Also What You Agree To

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 27, 2011
      medit8ionsociety wrote:

      > A man standing at a bus stop was eating
      > a hamburger. Next to him stood a lady with
      > her little dog, which became very excited at
      > the smell of the man's supper and began
      > whining and jumping up at him.
      > "Do you mind if I throw him a bit?" said the man to the lady.
      > "Not at all," she replied,
      > whereupon the man picked the dog up and threw it over a wall.

      Semi-explanation:
      The woman is you and the dog is your mind. The man
      represents the events of your life that draw you towards them
      (desire) or that have you want to run away (repulsion).
      The event takes place, and your mind starts its reactivity
      and you follow habitually, in ignorance of the full
      potential effects of your action, and you end up suffering.

      Semi-solution:
      Feed your mind with healthy spiritual food that
      fills it so well it doesn't desire and
      blindly react to anyone elses. Witness your life
      as it takes place and neither run towards or away from
      "stuff". As St Paul once said "Let it be".