Words of Wisdom by Swami Satchidananda

    Message 1 of 201 , Feb 18, 2011
      Become Still

      "Chitta vritti nirodaha means calming all
      the turmoil in the mind, all the waves in
      the mind. The purpose of Yoga is not to
      create any waves in the mind. Keep the mind
      still. Then, you will see your True Self in
      the still water of the peaceful mind. Look
      in a bowl of water that has waves upon its
      surface. Can you see your face clearly? No.
      If you stop all the waves, you can see your
      face clearly. But what should you do to stop
      the waves? Should you put your hands on the
      water's surface and try smoothing out the
      ripples? You can't. What should you do?
      Don't touch the water. Don't shake it.
      The water becomes still by itself.

      "God bless you. Om Shanthi, Shanthi, Shanthi."

      Follow Swami Satchidananda on Twitter at
      twitter.com/SwSatchidananda for daily inspiration.
      Message 201 of 201 , Jul 24
        "When even one virtue becomes our nature, the mind becomes clean and tranquil. Then there is no need to practice meditation; we will automatically be meditating always."
        Sri Gurudev Swami Satchidananda