Re: [Meditation Society of America] Meditation For Real

  • sandeep chatterjee
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 17, 2011

      --- On Fri, 2/18/11, medit8ionsociety <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      From: medit8ionsociety <no_reply@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: [Meditation Society of America] Meditation For Real
      To: meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Friday, February 18, 2011, 5:11 AM

      When we sit in meditation amazing insights and experiences fill us up and heal us. But the best part of a meditative life occurs when we have an ongoing awareness of our life as it takes place. This can only happen if we are in the present, and that can't take place if we are rehashing the past or fantasizing about the future.

      ---------

      Or, to see that the rehashing and the fantasizing can only take place in the present-now.

      Thus the present-now as its very content.....  is all that is.

      ----------

       Witness your inner chatterer babbling on and you'll see
      that 99% of what it is focusing on is not the moment to moment life that is your reality.

      Too often this uncontrolled chatter is making judgments and commenting about how this should have happened or that should occur or you'll
      be hurt or sad or ill, and so on. This makes you miss this moment and makes you reactive.

      One gift of meditation is the potential to have real Self control and actively focus on what you choose. On one level, this is what free will is all about. On the highest level, meditation shows us definitively that "Thy will be done"
      is always the case, and at that point, we are free from all decisions and just flow with "What Is".

      -------

      Or, to see that even the seemingly petty personal decisions morphing into seemingly self centered actions .......

      .....and the seemingly pleasant/terrible consequences of such decisions/actions ....

      ....are also nuances of Thy Will getting done.....

      ... are also eddies of the flow of What Is.

      nnb

      For now, in this and every moment, what we can do is put into practice a few meditative methods that will open ourselves to our Self. One thing would be to have inner check points where we consciously witness what our mind is speaking about and if it is a negative recital, drop it as quick as you would a bag filled with snakes about to break out and bite you. At many times
      during the day we should also check out what tension we are keeping in our body and command the tension to relax. Similarly, we will benefit
      greatly from witnessing our emotional state and change it (at least) to one of dispassion and if possible, to serenity.
      And by being regular in our sitting in meditation practice, we become
      more and more able to bring the calm, clarity and bliss to our moment to moment experience and that  is the difference between just going through the motions of having a life and existing for Real.